AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How I can I pick useful keywords for my campaign?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Frndz,

Could you please answer the question,

How can I make utilize the keyword tool for tracking better keywords fpor my campaign?Shall I select high traffic keywords from them?Also targetting to a number of countires at a time is possible or not within adgroup for an ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How I can I pick useful keywords for my campaign?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Anne

Thanks for your post! That's a good question. 

In terms of choosing your locations you can only choose these at the campaign level, so if you had specific locations in mind that you would like to target I'd recommend looking at your Campaign settings and changing these settings there. You can't change your location settings at the ad group level.

In terms of the Keyword Tool, the way you use this will probably depend on your strategy for your campaign. If your goal is to get as much traffic as possible, then going for keywords that have a high volume of impressions would be a good strategy, but this will need to weighed up agains the average cost for that keyword and how that fits in with your daily budget. 

Can anyone else on the Community share any tips on how they use the Keyword Tool to help Anne here?

Thanks!

A.  

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Thanks Alys,

curiously waiting for other replies about keyword picking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Annie,

In the keyword adword tool-go to advance options and filters, from there you can aply the filter of monthly or global searches.

In my opinion you should pick all the kewords suggested by the adword tool use them for 10 days and after that pause the non performing keywords. Note: adword tool suggests many irrelevant keywords as well don't pick them up only pick the keyword which you think are relevant to your business.

Hope this helps.

Regards