AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How Google servs remarketing ads during the day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have set a frequency capping of 5 per day on my remarketing campaign.

It seems like all ads are served to the user right after he visits my website.

I would like Googke to serve my remarketing ads to the user in lower frequency during the day, say two ads in the morning, one at noon and last two in the evening.

Is there a way to tell Google Adwords to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ori

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Google servs remarketing ads during the day

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Frequency capping is per day and hence it isn't possible to control when ads are re-marketed. However, you can schedule the campaign to serve ads accordingly.
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ori,

To follow the Sumanth advice, this can not be possible directly in one campaign, However you can try the below process, it may work.

As per your requirements, you need to create three different campaigns with same target audience and schedule the campaigns as per your requirements.

1st Campaigns for Morning Schedule and use Frequency capping 2 Impression /ads/day.
2nd Campaign for Afternoon Schedule and use Frequency Capping 1 Impression/Ads/day
3rd Campaign for evening schedule and use Frequency capping 2 Impression/Ads/day.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think most of conversions happened during mid of day and evening. Because there are lot of factors behind it.
According to me in the beginning of the day not much traffic toward online shopping or any purchasing, so if in morning schedule we can use Frequency capping 1 Impression /ads/day.
But in mid of the day Afternoon Schedule and use Frequency Capping 3 Impression/Ads/day
because most of online shopping happened by proffessionals during lunch time. and same or 1 impression greater then afternoon use for evening schedule

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
I wouldn't recommend trying to control remarketing ad serving to that level.

The main issue is that you're assuming that users are connected all day long and that you can even out serving throughout the day. Unfortunately, that's not the case, you can't predict how many chances you'll get to serve ad to a user.

The other thing is that remarketing ads are most efficient soon after a visit. By preventing the system to serve ads normally, you're impacting the performance of the campaign, although you do have better control over user experience.