AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How Do You Show Clients Display Ads Drafts Easily?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone!

I did have a question I'm trying to get answer on:  How do you show your clients the ad drafts for the display network in Adwords so they can review and offer suggestions for changes.  Its easy with text ads, just download them into a spreadsheet and send them off for review. 

But with Adwords display ads, especially video or expandables, there isn't the "generate link to this ad".  Its quite a pain to get the client to log into Adwords even if they know how and actually get to the display ads, its just to confusing for most people. 

Any ideas?  Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Do You Show Clients Display Ads Drafts Easily?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ChrisE; Welcome;

Don't they approve the banner / Flash ad before you launch the campaign? 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply and welcome!  I've been on here before (been doing Adword since 2004) but got a new email address.

If you mean the client, yes they have to approve the ads before I can launch, and of course Google has to.  But what I mean is when you create a Display ad and want to show it to the client so they can put their input into it before launch.  Besides links you can send them to for normal display ads, I don't know a way to send them ads that are either video or expandables via links.  If anyone knows a way please let me know.  Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great question, and I'm still looking for a good answer.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

That link exists. Go to the ad in the AdWords User Interface and there will be a preview link below the display ad. Click that and when you do the ad will load in a popup and on the bottom of the popup is a preview link that you can share with your client.

displaypreview.png

If at all possible I recommend that the client be logged into the google account associated with the AdWords account. Sometimes I find that when I share the link with a client if they are not logged in the display ad will not function properly i.e. the animation is stalled.

The process is still kinda a pain because you need to grab all the links individually and deliver them to the client but is easier then asking them to log into the UI, navigate to the right area and then open each image for review.

Give it a try and let us know if it works.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'