AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

How Do I Setup Click-to-Call Tracking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been approached by third party companies that provide a way to marry conversion tracking with toll free IVR numbers.. but they're expensive.

Is there a right way of do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prabhu
September 2015

Re: How Do I Setup Click-to-Call Tracking?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Mate,

Setting up Click to call conversion tracking code is little bit techical, but you need to insert the code only once. You can take help of web developer for this, kindly read the helpful article "Setting up conversion tracking" to know how you can set phone call tracking.

For click to call bidding you need to bid minimum of 1$ for per click and you can bid more as per your competition, kindly read Understanding CPP bidding (bid-per-call) to know about how cost per phone call works.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prabhu
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Mate,

Setting up Click to call conversion tracking code is little bit techical, but you need to insert the code only once. You can take help of web developer for this, kindly read the helpful article "Setting up conversion tracking" to know how you can set phone call tracking.

For click to call bidding you need to bid minimum of 1$ for per click and you can bid more as per your competition, kindly read Understanding CPP bidding (bid-per-call) to know about how cost per phone call works.

Hope this Helps!

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Onsite click to call conversion tracking from clicks on mobile devices is certainly something you should consider... But, NO - There is no minimum bid. Once the AdWords conversion code is on your site, it's the same as any other AdWords conversion code. If a click from an AdWords ad leads to that conversion event, it's a conversion. Regardless of bid, CPC, CPA, or any of that. AdWords conversion code is AdWords conversion code. Period.

Now, that is NOT what the third party providers are trying to sell you, and YES, it is ridiculously expensive. Google call forwarding number call extensions on the other hand are completely free, and that's the type of call tracking the third parties do.

Go into your call extensions, edit the settings, and select:

Show my ad with
A Google forwarding phone number and use call reporting

Then you can select a duration for a completed call that you want to use to count that call as a conversion, not just a phone call.

If you want to learn more about it, you can check out our archives on the topic. There's years worth of work there going back to the original beta roll out of Google call tracking from the old forum days. Don't feel intimidated by the information, or lack thereof... Some of the "25 most influential people in search marketing" still don't "get it", and these third party call tracking vendors like it that way. Smiley Happy

http://www.thomascreekconcepts.com/category/adwords/adwords-call-extensions/
Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
you may try some other company Who have small they provide cheap rate and good service i think so

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

Thank you.