AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Household Income Demogaphic Targeting - Data Source and Does it Work?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Has anyone experimented extensively with the Google Adwords Household Income Demographic Targeting? If so, how effective is.

Essentially I'm looking at targeting the highest income neighborhoods in a county. It's an area I live all my life so I know EXACTLY where the neighborhoods are.

Where does Google get the income data. I'm guessing it's by zip code. I'm wondering if I'm going to be better off just using the radius targeting as opposed to relying on their demographic targeting.

If I use their demographic targeting, will I be able to see where the actual different specific geographic locations are that the clicks are coming from? Granted I realize, the location identification isn't going to be precise unless based on GPS.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Household Income Demogaphic Targeting - Data Source and Does it Wo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jeff C,

Demographic targeting will limit the number of impressions you get. See this article for a bit more info: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580383?hl=en

I didn't find anything about income data. IMO, if you have intimate knowledge of the areas you wish to target, that may be better than relying on Google so select those areas. Keep in mind, geo-targeting is not exact. For desktops, it's based on the location of the ISP in most cases.

Best of Luck!

pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords