AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hostname Exclusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys, while it is possible to exclude IP address from Google Adwords ad campaign>>setting>>IP exclusion, does anyone know if it is possible to exclude hostname from Google adwords and how it could be done? 

Re: Hostname Exclusion

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Hostnames are essentially translated into IP addresses. If you have a hostname you can find out the IP addresses to block with a tool like this

http://www.hcidata.info/host2ip.cgi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The issue we have is not about the hostname to IP Address translation but that of multiple IP from a vpn service provider.

When computer or a program translates one hostname, its to one IP not to many IPs. Hostname to IP translation is automatic at
the server security level so we wont need any external program to do it. We can block one hostname/1 IP but we need to track all the IPs this being used with this host to block accordingly.

To make it clear, hostname is translated to IP automatically at the server level. This is not the problem. The problem is with the multiple IP.

Thanks
Sammy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately we can only block IPs or small range of IPs in AdWords , there is no option for a hostname exclusion, but updates appear constantly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes there is an option, this option is at the level of "Application", which is Google Adwords!
I am currently developing a software to block any visitor from "VPN" or "Unknown" hostname, whether Google like or not, as it will have a 3 seconds time delay!

Hostname Exclusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sammy, Please let me know about the software you are giong to develop i need  this to block my bloddy competitors.

tabrej0007@gmail.com

email me

Hostname Exclusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sammy, Please let me know about the software you are giong to develop will be great. Thanks

theflowww@hotmail.com

Hostname Exclusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sammy, any update about hostname issues?

Did you complete the development? 

Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Hostname Exclusion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes! You can exclude websites or domains that aren’t appropriate for your brand and that aren’t helping you sell your products or services.

Please refer this article to know more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en

Hope this Helps!