AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

High bid warning

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In Adwords you need to set bids with . as decimal divider. If you set it with the European (in some EU countries) , e.g. 1,1 Adwords interpret it as 11 which is potentially a risk for setting a high bid by misstake. Is there any way to prevent that from happening, either specifying that , is a decimal divider as well or set a keyword bid limit?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: High bid warning

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there - you can set this under My account >> Preferences. There's the possibility to choose language and preferred number system.

This is in a Multi Client Center account, but I think it's the same for individual accounts.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks, but there seems to be a bug cause when I set it and then save. The page first show the new value but then reloads and show the old english value. Maybe I can't have a different language and number format?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

Once you've set your language and currency preferences in AdWords, which you do when you set up the individual account, then they're locked in and affect all campaigns you create in that account. (There's a warning message when you set up a new account that tells you so.)

You cannot try to use a different currency in a campaign than the one that was set at the account level.  It will always default back to the account currency setting. It's not a bug--it's how the program works.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*