AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, what might the possible reasons for All of sudden rise in CTR.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

What would be possible reasons in Increase in CTR value.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author VIKRANT SINGH B
September 2015

Re: Hi, what might the possible reasons for All of sudden rise in CTR.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Vikrant,
A 120% increase in CRT is not THAT unusual. I guess it depends on the number of impressions and the number of clicks. I don't know that info so can't really say.

For example, if you had 100 impressions a day and a 1% CTR, that's just one click. The next day, you could have 2 clicks and that would the increase that you're describing.

A "spike" really only means something when there's a lot of impressions and a lot of clicks.

Anyway, it sounds like your explanation is probably correct. Check the search impression share and that should tell you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Vikrant,
A rise in CRT is usually a good thing Smiley Happy

Quite a few things can cause this. Your ad may be appearing higher in the auction now and usually, this corresponds to an increase in CTR. The reason you might be appearing higher could be MANY things including quality score changes relating to your site, your increased bid and therefore ad rank and possibly even demand for that keyword.

What % increase did you see?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying.

It was around 120% increase from what it was earlier and it remained for 3 days only, after that back to the normal CTR. No changes were done in Bid.

I am not sure, might it happened in case of lesser competition on major keywords (means Competitors campaigns were not running)

Thanks
VB
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author VIKRANT SINGH B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Vikrant,
A 120% increase in CRT is not THAT unusual. I guess it depends on the number of impressions and the number of clicks. I don't know that info so can't really say.

For example, if you had 100 impressions a day and a 1% CTR, that's just one click. The next day, you could have 2 clicks and that would the increase that you're describing.

A "spike" really only means something when there's a lot of impressions and a lot of clicks.

Anyway, it sounds like your explanation is probably correct. Check the search impression share and that should tell you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah Dave,

You are perfectly correct with numbers, but here the difference was from 80 clicks to 180 Clicks.

Thanks for your extending your help and sharing the link.

VB