AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hi there, Is it possible to merge two Google Adwords accounts? We also have two analytics accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We have two Google web analytics accounts and two Adwords accounts. We are looking to consolidate them into one user access account. 

We also have three websites and know how to add mutiple websites in one account, but need guidance on how best to migrate existing data? It'd be ideal if we could also migrate the Adwords data or merge the accounts.

Thank you for considering how we might best proceed.

Gillian

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi there, Is it possible to merge two Google Adwords accounts? We also have two analytics accoun

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Gillian,

Honestly I don't think you can do any of that, but it's quite possible that I'm wrong. I've never heard of it and never done it at least.

The only thing for AdWords I could recommend is cut & paste all the campaigns in one account in to the other account using AdWords editor. Once downloaded and installed you could literally do this action in less than 10 seconds.

Of course, the question would be, are the campaigns and everything relevant to each other? i.e. do they belong in the same account? What you are doing would appear to be right though - Google doesn't like it if a business has more than one account without very good reason.

Same for the Analytics question, I'm really not sure if you can do this but I don't think you can. I'll ask around for you.

Good luck.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Re: Hi there, Is it possible to merge two Google Adwords accounts? We also have two analytics accoun

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

You  can move campaigns between accounts by using the Adwords editor;

Read more:

http://support.google.com/adwordseditor/answer/38654?hl=en

I prefer the "manual" way suggested by Jack - This way, when you copy/ paste you give some thought to keywords and campaign structure -  optimizing the campaign (literally) "on the move"...

Please also note, that having more than one Adwords account is a violation of the double serving Policy, So, migrate all campaigns ASAP.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’