AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, my compny wants to change the website our ad directs to. Possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has an ad that displays at the top of search results when certain terms are entered.

We recently launched a new website and would like the ad to direct to the new site instead.

Is this possible? And if so, how do I change it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi, my compny wants to change the website our ad directs to. Possi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JimEleotin;

Just edit the display and destination URL, and make sure that  they both match;

Check the link below  for detailed instructions;

Please note that once you edit the ad, ad's statistics is reset to zero.

Edit your display URLs and destination URLs

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Hi, my compny wants to change the website our ad directs to. Possi

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi JimEleotin,

You need to be a little careful when doing this as your QS may suffer for a brief period of time when changing display URL's. And you will lose PageRank in organic search as well.

What I always recommend is redirecting pages from your old site (URL) to the new site (URL)--all of them. When you do that, you'll need to change the display URL's on all redirected pages to match the domain after all re-directs. Then let your ads run like that for a bit. This will transfer and organic PageRank and landing page score to the new site fairly effectively. It will also update pages in Google's index so the pages from the old site no longer appear in organic results.

Also, if you don't have a Webmaster Tools account, open one of those and put in a change of address.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords