AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hi all, do this first page bid of keywords changes for every day?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Do this first page bid for keywords changes for every day?Some of my keywords shows the message below first page bid even after changed it to minimum requirement in previous day.What I need to do?Do I need to increase it once more?

For my ad I got 5000 impressions and 15 clicks.What changes I want to make in order to get more clicks?

What is the common conversion rate?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne h
September 2015

Re: Hi all, do this first page bid of keywords changes for every day?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Increasing keywords bids can help you to improve your ad position.

This can also help you to get more clicks and improving your CTR.

But that alone will not necessarily increase your conversion rate.

To increase your conversions, make sure you target very relevant keywords, you have good, relevant ads that matches to your product or service, and your landing page is user friendly with clear, attractive product/service information.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Anne,

As per Google help resources the First Page bid estimate is based on the 'keyword's Quality Score and current advertiser competition'

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/105665?hl=en

If you are experiencing frequent 'First page bid estimate' changes then that can be because of your low quality score. Please check your keyword quality score.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

CTR is the most important factor that influences quality score. As you stated above your present CTR is 0.30%.

Try to improve that. Select very relevant keywords, a restrictive keyword match type (exact or phrase), choose most relevant landing pages and write targeted ads.

And use relevant negative keywords.

These changes will help you to improve your CTR and quality score, which will reduce the chances of First page bid fluctuation.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Deepak,

thank you for your reply.

My ad have been live only for 3 days.I only selected search only category in order to get more relevant clicks.For the add I only added relevant keywords.Do I want to wait for one month in order to make changes or Do i need to change it now

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Anne,

Don't put a time frame to make changes.

We need to make changes to campaigns to make them produce a positive return on our advertising spend.

So the changes should be made when it is 'necessary'.

But making too many changes in a short span of time is also not good idea, as it will be very difficult to analyze and understand which change worked best for the campaign.

The only thing you need to consider here is that, your decisions should be based on data that is 'statistically significant'.

You have got 15 clicks in 3 days, I will take it as 5 clicks per day.

This data (5 clicks in a day) is not enough to make a correct decision regarding changes.

But as you said you have selected very relevant keywords, it is very important to try to improve your CTR.

Make sure your keywords are segregated to small very tightly themed ad groups and you have ad group specific, compelling ads with your best USP/offers.

Deepak

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Does increasing individual bid for keywords will help to increase conversation rate.Because currently my ad only have average position of 5 now.Do this may be another reason for low conversation rate?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne h
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Increasing keywords bids can help you to improve your ad position.

This can also help you to get more clicks and improving your CTR.

But that alone will not necessarily increase your conversion rate.

To increase your conversions, make sure you target very relevant keywords, you have good, relevant ads that matches to your product or service, and your landing page is user friendly with clear, attractive product/service information.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Does it have any problem in changing the bid for individual keywords at any time ?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You can change individual keyword bids any time.