AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hi, How can i stop a campaign automatically

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, How can i stop a campaign automatically after a specific number of clicks in future.  Please answer it

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi, How can i stop a campaign automatically

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Click on campaign, then automate, where you select Pause campaigns when...

There you make the rule. You go to requirements-performance-clicks and then choose more or less.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, can I apply the rule for 2 or more campaigns? like "Stop 3 campaigns after delivering XXX clicks in total". Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Just choose campaigns you want to automate (check them) and after that automate them.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hasan

If you want to pause the campaigns after getting clicks in total(x number of clicks by adding the data of all 3 campaigns) then unfortunately it won't be possible through automated rules because they work on individual campaign level. For this you need to use the Scripts. I think @Jon_Gritton can help you on this.

Jon could you please help in this...!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Hasan, (thanks @Abhishek),

Unfortunately, as Abhishek has said, Automated Rules won't allow you to pause a selected number of Campaigns when their total clicks exceeds a certain number.  Automated Rules acting on selected Campaigns would pause them when their individual click counts reached the specified number.

A script is the way to go and it would be relatively straightforward to create.  You would need some method to identify the Campaigns you want affected - I'd suggest either a naming convention or Labels - and you'd need to decide over what period you want to measure these clicks, since Scripts can only operate on a minimum of a "day".

Out of interest, why do you want to stop Campaigns when they reach a certain number of clicks?  That's not a very logical thing to do for AdWords, where you might more normally be looking for a certain cost rather than number of clicks.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Drazen, Thanks for your reply. I will try it and post again whether it worked or not.

thanks,

Hasan