AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hi AdWords shows me that I had 30 clicks but if I check my google Analytics: shows that I had 0 visi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi AdWords shows me that I had 30 clicks but if I check my google Analytics it shows that I had 0 visitors at thias day and the day before or next day. The questions is: Do I pay for real people visiting my web site or it was fraud.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi AdWords shows me that I had 30 clicks but if I check my google Analytics: shows that I had 0

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello BVM79,

Welcome to adwords community, 

If I am wrong then please confirm me, 

Firstly you have to confirm that you had linked with adwords account with analytics account, for more detail go with this link

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=ru&

I hope, it helps you 

Re: Hi AdWords shows me that I had 30 clicks but if I check my google Analytics: shows that I had 0

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi bme79,

Welcome to the forum. I can assure you that AdWords is not a fraud, however, there are a lot of moving parts when running a campaign, so making sure everything is in place before a launching a campaign is a must.

Have you made sure that your AdWords account is linked to your Google Analytics account?

Also, there is usually a 24-hour delay in reporting when trying to view data in Analytics from AdWords, so waiting a day or two to check is a good idea. 

Let me know if the two accounts are linked properly, and if so, we can troubleshoot some other possible issues.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Sumanppc. It was useful information for me.
Regards,
Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Bluelon, Thank you for reply. Yes I did not have my account link to AdWords, so I just done it. But it is very strange that I have to tell google to link these two account. Why google Analitycs did not pick these visitors as normal. In any way thank you for your quick reply and help.
Regards, Max

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes - it's strange that the default setting is for them not to be linked - however, you must rmeember that some people have multiple Analytics accounts.

There is another thing you should check. In AdWords, under My Account - select Preferences and make sure that you have auto-tagging selected - the default "No, thanks" means that Analytics will not track your AdWords traffic correctly....

I've never understood that one!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi stickleback,

My account preferences do not have an optoin for "No Thanks", just a checkbox or Auto-Tagging, and it was checked by default when I opened the account (many years ago!). Yes, auto-tagging must be enabled for the AdWords reporting section of Analytics UI, and the accounts must be linked for the traffic to be recognized as paid traffic.

Data is only recorded going forward from the time of linking the accounts. Past data can not be recovered. So, if your accounts are now linked and auto-tagging has been confirmed to be enabled, your data will start to accrue. Vists and clicks are not the same thing and will seldom be the same count and it is difficult if not impossible to reconcile the differences.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear petebardo,
Thank you for reply. I have already sort out my problem.
Thank you one more time to all who reply with their help.

Regards,
Max

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Pete,

This is the default option I usually see on accounts... frankly it makes little sense to me that one would even have to set this - makes more sense that it would be automatically "on" and that you should have to switch it off if you wanted to - although why you would want to is beyond me...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi stickleback,

I set up my account several years back, and I don't take any clients, so I haven't set up an account for quite a while. They are always changing things, and I don't get a lot of the default settings.

There is at least one good reason to turn auto-tagging off, but that doesn't really apply to a significant portion of advertisers. Some web sites do not function when the gclid is added to the query string. Instead of going to the desired page, those sites will return a 404 Not Found error. It would be preferrable to reconfigure the site to allow the gclid, but some advertisers are not able to do that.

Anyway, thanks for the piece of info!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords