AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hey there everyone... where on earth do i find..

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

(Chuckling at me is permissable. Smiley Tongue)

I've looked everywhere however obviously not in the right place or in the right notes in the help center.

I had a campaign end on a particular date and now on the main interface I have this darn 

Messages Alerts 1 then when expanded Campaigns ended yadda yadda yadda

How on earth do i dismiss this alert? Cant seem to find where to do it??

Thanks
Whims Smiley Happy

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hey there everyone... where on earth do i find..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Whims,

I've found similar situtations and differences when logged into an MCC account vs a regular account. 

Have you tried dismissing the Alert from the Home tab?  If you haven't customized the home tab, 'Alerts and Announcements'  should be one of the modules visibile.  There are options to dismiss there.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey there Tom, yes have tried via the Home tab.. was the first place I looked.. it told me Wahoo there are NO alerts 

I'm logged in via MCC account.

Also when on the My Client Center tab.. the alert shows in the colum Alerts and I do have the option to dismiss it there..and I do and it keeps coming back in the alert column on the my Client Center tab.. and doesnt seem to dismiss it in the adwords interface itself

Thanks

Whims

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Whims,

Interestingly enough, I have an older 'nagging' billing alert on one of my MCC accounts as well...which was resolved quite a long time ago and according to this article 'Red Alerts' cannot be dismissed and they're supposed to update automatically once resolved.

http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=31751

"You can't dismiss critical (red) alerts, but as the related issues are resolved, the system updates will remove them. The frequency of these updates vary by alert type, but alert-related issues that you've resolved should be reflected in your client accounts within 24 hours or less. Read our FAQ to learn more about the timing of MCC account alert updates."

On the FAQ link, there are timelines listed on when these updates happen. 

Perhaps you've disovered a bug?

I'm now an interested party as well.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It must be some kind of bug.. coz when i hit dismiss in the Alerts column on the MCC interface it disappears temporarily for a few minutes.. and then reappears

Wonder if its maybe got something to do with cookies and browser cache?

Cant clear those atm but will later this evening, having said that though, i have cleared cache and cookies numerous times over the past couple of weeks since this campaign ended alert has shown up 

Its not a matter of life or death that i clear it.. but its just irritating, seeing it constantly there when I'm well aware that the campaign has ended and I've tried to dismiss the message :-/

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hey, Whims!  Nice to see you!

I agree--alert messages (really, messages of any kind) that you can't get rid of are very annoying.  Let me poke someone and see if I can find any information about this.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Whims,

If you are dismissing the alert and after sometime, it again come back, then I think it might be some technical glitch due to which this is happening on MC Dashboard screen.

Also as per Google notes, if any campaign has ended, the alert related to this will be updated daily at 2AM in the advertiser's local time zone. Just wondering if it has something to do with your query.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by christine_m (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi Whims,

To eliminate any potential browser issues, please clear the cache and cookies from your current browser, or try to access the AdWords interface using another browser. Instructions can be found in the following help centre article:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105801

If this works, please let us know! If your issue persists, please contact AdWords support so we can troubleshoot this further for you. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

Kind regards,

Christine Smiley Happy