AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Help with adding RLSA to campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I have a campaign that is set up to target a certain car type for hire. 

I have added rlsa bid only remarketing to all the existing ad groups and that is working fine. 

I now want to target more generic broad car terms, brand names and competitor names using only the traffic from the remarketing lists from my site. 

To achieve this do I now  set up new adgroups in this campaign, add in applicable keywords and then in audiences set up the retargeting list but with the option of target and bid? 

Thanks for any help with this 

Howard 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Howard S
May 2016

Re: Help with adding RLSA to campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Howard,

Adding to what has already been mentioned:

You should create new campaigns for the broad, brand, competitor terms and add the relevant lists there and run them on Target and Bid.

Reason: This gives you the flexibility to assign budgets according to the importance of a particular type of keyword or model of car; It also helps manage the account better since a glance at the campaign level reports would enable you to identify what's working and what's not.

Additionally, just wanted to check if you are using Google Analytics. If yes, then you could try and use GA Remarketing as well. The advantage is that the lists in GA Remarketing can include user behavior indicators like time on site, pages viewed, etc.

Hence, for example, your list can include those people who browsed a FORD page and spent 5 mins on your site. You can have a different list for those who spent lesser than 5 mins as well. When adding these to your AdWords campaigns, you can then set different bid multipliers for these as it might make more sense ranking higher for someone who has spent a considerable amount of time on your site.

You can read more on this here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6212951?hl=en

Do feel free to revert with any additional queries that you might have on this.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Howard,

Yes, if you wish to add more generic keywords then add those in a new adgroup/campaign and use target and bid.
you can use bid adjustments and create more engaging ads including some discounts.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Howard,

You can focus on all models, makes, types, brands, competitors you have. If you see, that you have conversions from words you have not in your search campaigns, create or add into them. Set your bid according your priority. If you have for example 50 Ford and 0 Nissan, your priority will be Ford. However you can persuade your consumer. Lower bid set for Nissan a higher for Ford.

Tomas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Howard S
May 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Howard,

Adding to what has already been mentioned:

You should create new campaigns for the broad, brand, competitor terms and add the relevant lists there and run them on Target and Bid.

Reason: This gives you the flexibility to assign budgets according to the importance of a particular type of keyword or model of car; It also helps manage the account better since a glance at the campaign level reports would enable you to identify what's working and what's not.

Additionally, just wanted to check if you are using Google Analytics. If yes, then you could try and use GA Remarketing as well. The advantage is that the lists in GA Remarketing can include user behavior indicators like time on site, pages viewed, etc.

Hence, for example, your list can include those people who browsed a FORD page and spent 5 mins on your site. You can have a different list for those who spent lesser than 5 mins as well. When adding these to your AdWords campaigns, you can then set different bid multipliers for these as it might make more sense ranking higher for someone who has spent a considerable amount of time on your site.

You can read more on this here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6212951?hl=en

Do feel free to revert with any additional queries that you might have on this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your input.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thanks for your response , much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Many thanks for your detailed response.

I will using your advice especially the GA remarketing lists however I may be back with a question or two about this. Smiley Happy

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
No worries Howard. Please feel free to reach out with any queries that you might have mate.