AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Help removing remarketing & stopping account suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

A client of mine (who has had ongoing issues with his AdWords account due to the nature of the products sold - i.e. knives) received an email stating that a re-marketing list had been disabled.

I've checked all of his currently running ads and none are using re-marketing, the tag is not on any of this sites and I've checked all his sites in Analytics to check re-marketing data collection is turned off (and it is).

I'm looking to remove the single list within the account, however, I cannot remove the list in the Audiences>shared library as it's an automatically generated list which cannot be removed. In this situation normally I would consider just leaving the list as it's not being used, however the email suggested that his AdWords account would be suspended if this list continues to violate AdWords ToS.

Could someone offer some help and advice here as to how I can stop an unused, un-removable list of causing my clients account to be suspended?

(As a small bit of back story here, AdWords changed their interpretation of ToS relating to knives and my clients account got suspended because of this, we then developed a new site that has no knives and only sells 'Google Friendly' Bushcraft products and have AdWords back up and running. It's somewhat annoying as competitors are still being allowed to show their shopping ads 7+ months down the line.)

Thanks

Athena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Athena P
September 2015

Re: Help removing remarketing & stopping account suspension

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Athena,

I think the best case scenario would be to contact AdWords directly. There's a link in the top right corner of this page that will allow you to contact them or you can request a review by using this link. They should be able to explain the email and any necessary next steps.

Best,

Amy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Athena P
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Athena,

I think the best case scenario would be to contact AdWords directly. There's a link in the top right corner of this page that will allow you to contact them or you can request a review by using this link. They should be able to explain the email and any necessary next steps.

Best,

Amy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your advice Amy! I've given the form a go and hopefully we can get this resolved Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to help! Good luck!