AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Help creating proper campaign type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am trying to target an ad to one video, that has ads displaying on it i believe i have my campaign type incorrect so i need help knowing what type i need to change campaign to and then check my ads created to be sure they are correct to appear there.

this is youtube channel that has no monetize allow except on 1 video ( I see ads on the video and i want to target that video)

I understand the target part but not the correct method to setup my campaign (these ads are only shown in the video itself ) and that is all i wish to target is in the video itself (i will attach screen shot if allowed here)

https://gyazo.com/94008439ee2c273926ebb700732c0f00

i would also be interested to see type actual Video ad displayed at the beginning (the one that the Skip ad button pops up on)

Not sure i understand the cost of this diplaying in the beginning of the video (is there only cost if the viewer allows to play over 30 seconds before they click skip ad?) or is there cost just to have video displayed in the first place

https://gyazo.com/f7fb7349428a5f3b04105a0a91971b40

Thanks for the help

Greg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Do you want to promote Video or banner?

Pls confirm, so that we can guide you the process to set up the campaigns.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Banner (but would like to know for larger image that appears in video screen)

If the video appears but does not cost me unless it is not "skip ad" or played for less than 30 seconds i would be real interested in the video as well (as i believe i would get a 4-5 second display of my start of video at no cost)  This is very targeted 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

For banner, you need to create the Normal GDN ads with the placement targeting Youtube.com.

For skippable ads, you need to create the normal Trueview video ads, that requires video as a creative not banner.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i clickk + AD the drop down says 4 choices, responsive ad, image ad, ad gallery, video ad

Which is Normal GDN?

and thank you for your time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://gyazo.com/8cacee65a98ddabd322372eab23e9dcd

https://adwords-displayads.googleusercontent.com/da/b/dabAdPreview?hl=en_US&ad=175756486794&ocid=124...

i think i probably have it correctly done not sure

i guess GDN = google display network

that is what i have, guess my bid is too low, there are 2 ads pretty much always on that video i am targeting and it is not anything actually hot so i think i am just not there on the bid.

How does that process work, the display ad shows about 20% across the lower area of the video, actually does not show up for several seconds (if now one clicks it and they click else where on the channel to another link are leave in say 8 seconds do you get charge for the display ad in that case)

And about the video ad "If the video appears but does not cost me unless it is not "skip ad" or played for less than 30 seconds i would be real interested in the video as well (as i believe i would get a 4-5 second display of my start of video at no cost)  This is very targeted "

is this how the cost works out NO charge if they skip and no cost if the click on another link on the channel page and leave the channel home page to view another video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i was hoping for some answers to these questions.  I even got a call from account managers at google.  We talked and I was suppose to get a call back in about 30 minutes that day (2-6-17)  still waiting on the call back from them.