AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hello,Need help with Scheduling Ads for different time zones

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to schedule Ads so that they appear only between certain hours of the day.

I am targeting certain European countries but also US, CA and AU in a bulk "Targeted location"

This may be the reason why the Advanced settings don't show up, due to different time zones within the bulk?

What should I do or what is the problem I can't access the Ads Scheduling area?

Thanks in advance!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hello,Need help with Scheduling Ads for different time zones

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Robin, welcome to the community!

Adding different countries in location target should not prevent showing the ad scheduling option.

This option is available even if we add different countries. But we can’t schedule ads based on time zone of the targeted location at once.

You may need to create separate campaigns to schedule the ad in different time zone.

Please refer to below related to custom ad scheduling-

“Some advertisers may see different options in their campaigns' settings tabs. This is because different campaign types support different features. If you can't locate the options below, learn how you can switch campaign types to see them.”

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SJ

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Robin - we discussed this a while back on the Spanish forum and I ended up writing this short blog post - I think it might help you understand how this works.

http://advent.es/adventblog/entry/25-international-ad-scheduling-for-google-adwords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

... and to access the Ad Scheduling you need to make sure you have All Features selected under the General Settings - Type....

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Robin, I suspect it's this last answer from Steve that's the key - it sounds like you probably don't have "All Features" enabled for your Campaign.

@Steve - can you clarify what you mean by not being able to schedule Ads on the "content" network?  If by this you mean the Display network or GDN, Ads there can be scheduled in just the same way as they can on Search.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

Thanks for your quick answers, I actually do not run the All features Type of campaign. There is a reason for that too, as I am running a different type of Ads, lets call them "not mainstream" > I did this so I don't brake any rules about where my ads will be shown and get suspended. And wouldn't be nice since I just started.

If I have my ads flagged as "Adult" can I use the All featured Option without getting suspended?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Sorry - brain fart - you can schedule ads on the GDN - you can't when they use automatic bidding - have edited previous comment - thanks Jon!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry about this, so I am using the following settings on my campaign

Search & Display Networks - Standard

Google Search; Display Network

Devices: All

Bidding option: Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding

nd of course the Bulk targeted locations including US, Ca and Au which differ from the countries from Europe.

Would be a good solution to create individual campaigns for the three countries mentioned above and remove them from my existing campaign ad only then I will have the option to schedule my add for each campaign?

Best,

Robin

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robin O
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Robin, the "All Features" setting has no bearing on how or if your Ads are approved, it's just about what features and controls you can see in the interface.

I'd always recommend running separate Campaigns for different countries.  Not only are you likely to want to keep separate budgets for these but you'll need different schedules anyway for the US/Canada and Australia due to timezone differences.

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Cobnut, highly appreciated I will do that now.

But still, will the option to schedule be visible then? I will try and see what happens and I will let you know if something changed after.

Best,

Robin