AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Hello! Hope to get some help with duplicate keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! my first time here, hope someone can help. I know that using the same keyword within groups and campaings is a big no no, but i find it hard to avoid. My question is: is it ok to use different versions of a word? if i use "chair" and "office-chair" in the same campaign for example, will it cause problems because the last term is partly the same as the first?

Thank you!

Thomas, Norway

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas Vold H
September 2015

Re: Hello! Hope to get some help with duplicate keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Thomas Vold H, Welcome to the forum. I don't see any problem here.Its ok. If you have multiple keywords that are the same , then the system will prefer to use the keyword with the more restrictive keyword match type.Also Sometime the Keyword with highest AD Rank can also win. There is also an interesting topic regarding this.You can read it here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en Hope this helps..

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Thomas Vold H,

Welcome to the community!

In my experience, if you are a new advertiser it works well if you are able to have a few but targeted keywords. So the point is if you are selling "office chairs" then do not include "chairs" as it would mean any type of chair. You may not want to target some one looking for 'Beach chairs", right?

Hope this helps.

KC

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Thomas Vold H, Welcome to the forum. I don't see any problem here.Its ok. If you have multiple keywords that are the same , then the system will prefer to use the keyword with the more restrictive keyword match type.Also Sometime the Keyword with highest AD Rank can also win. There is also an interesting topic regarding this.You can read it here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en Hope this helps..
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Thomas Vold H,

Welcome to the community!

In my experience, if you are a new advertiser it works well if you are able to have a few but targeted keywords. So the point is if you are selling "office chairs" then do not include "chairs" as it would mean any type of chair. You may not want to target some one looking for 'Beach chairs", right?

Hope this helps.

KC

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for helping. Much apprechiated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for helping, Shuva. Much apprechiated