AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Having 1 adword group for 2 campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm going to share my specific setup as I am aware that (from other posts) that different types of campaigns may not be compatible with certain types of ad groups.

I have 2 campaigns. 1 is a display network, maximize clicks campaign and 1 is a search network only, maximize clicks campaign. Each campaign has 1 ad group, which I set to my business name, and each ad group has one add, which is the 1 business ad I have.

What I would really like is to be able to have a single text ad that linked to both ad groups, instead of 2 ads, each with their own ad group. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Noah F
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope.  You are going to have to copy the same ad over to both ad groups.  I also recommend that you test 2-3 different variations to see which will perform better.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Noah F
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Nope.  You are going to have to copy the same ad over to both ad groups.  I also recommend that you test 2-3 different variations to see which will perform better.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I definitely intend to play around with all the different ad types the service has to offer. I'm going to try a dynamic ad next.

One last question: is there a way to view my ad with my site extensions? I have my ad extensions linked to my ad group but no way to preview my ad. If I go to Ad Preview and Diagnosis it seems to force me to set up some search condition where my ad will actually show, otherwise it will give me some error saying why my ad isn't displaying. If I go to the Ad section and click to edit my ad, it will show me how the ad will look, but without any ad extensions. What I want to do is just preview the ad with extensions. Can I do this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No real way to do that either!  You have to catch it live.  If it's a branded search, then usually your extensions will show.