AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Has anyone configured RLSA ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello , 

I noticed this news

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/06/bringing-intent-context-and-audience.html

and I am a little confused as to how are we supposed to use this feature . Has anyone used it while in Beta ?

Can we target only users who searched for the top converting words ? 

Can any auto-optimizing feature be used for this ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Has anyone configured RLSA ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
We really need to open a discussion on this, i think this is the next big thing in Adwords IMHO....

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
RLSA works same as old re-targeting campaign. When a user visit your website and did not converted then that user is added into your re-targeting list.

The only difference I found is that Instead of displaying banner and text ads on other websites, you can target your ads when your target user is searching on Google.com for your related products!

Auto Optimization feature, I m not sure but you can increase/decrease your bids according to your ROI from the dynamic re-targeting Ads.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello you two, thank you for answering, I'll keep this thread open to receive more feedbacks.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"you can target your ads when your target user is searching on Google.com for your related products!"

How exactly is that different from when you display your ads in the search network for keywords triggered ads ?

Can you please provide an example as to what a user might search to trigger an ad if you use the audience in a search campaign ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adrian

"How exactly is that different from when you display your ads in the search network for keywords triggered ads ?"

The normal AdWords situation is that someone searches and Google shows your ads. The thing that's different about RLSAs, is that Google only shows the ad if the person searching is also on the remarketing list you included with that adgroup.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

So you build the search campaign with any Ads, any keywords, but when you restrict visitors to remarketing, the ads will be displayed only to those visitors previously collected. You paid again for an old visitor, hoping that he will buy another item from your vast offer, based on the fact that he is already familiar with your website, conversion rate should be higher than targeting a random crowd for a new set of keywords.

What remarketing for search doesn't do : it does not get ads displayed every time that user searches for something, so you still have to use keywords in the RLSA campaign.

Did I get it right ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm pretty sure you got it right. As a marketer, I would have also mentioned that the person is familiar with your *brand*.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I did not use RLSA yet, but I will ASAP, as it will finally enable me to loosen up keywords (or match types), for a specific audience, as @Amit Paul I says, already familiar with my brand.

Specific case:

• "widgets" is too expensive to bid on for everybody when I sell "blue widgets" only
  • however, for people on my remarketing list, both "widgets" and even "red widgets" might be proftable, because they already know me, and I might get a chance to make them reconsider "blue widgets"
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@ Adwiser

Apparently only the adwords tag for generating remarketing audiences works for now. I noticed that you said you use the analytics remarketing code, as explained by Mrs. Coco here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/List-size-for-search-with-rule-based-audie...