AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Has Social Extension Gone?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I can not see social extension in my adwords account. I guess this feature has been removed by Google. Can anyone check this under his own Adwords

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Has Social Extension Gone?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This feature is not retired, it has just become an automated feature. If you have 100 followers and you meet all the other listed requirements it will start appearing with Ads ( not all the time). Read more from here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722132?hl=en

"Add social annotations to a campaign

Social annotations can show automatically with your ads, no setup or management needed!"

"Keep in mind

• Social annotations may not show all the time on your ads. Whether or not they show depends on several things, including the size of the browser window and other extensions or information showing with your ad."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now I have 101 follower in my page (linked to verified website) ,
How do I know the social extension has been enable or not?
Is that any sign?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Help article says you can choose the campaign and select segments and select social annotation from there. However I dont think you have social annexation option there anymore. You can find +1 annotation option there.

But this segment only shows how customers are interacting with +1 buttons on your ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's OK, I found my ads running with social extension.

case close Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's a surprising change. Thank you for clarification.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!