AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

HTML ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created HTML using google web designer. I made 10 different types & size of ads but the size of .zip file is more than 150KB so that I am not able to upload those ads to adwords. I have tried to reduce the image size but still the file size larger than the required. My file sizes is vary from 299 KB to 13 MB.

I need help to reduce the size of the .zip file. What are the ways can I try to reduce it? Are there any limitation of google web designer as it is free? Is there any other way or free software to create HTML ads? I do not know HTML and CSS. Please help.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HTML ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Apurv
I feel your pain. GWD is a tough cookie to crack.

13MB, you're definitely doing something wrong. Sounds like you're including both uncompressed images AND external libraries in the package. Google let's you link to some of their hosted libraries without issue. You really will have to learn some JS and CSS though.

I'd recommend continuing your optimization over on the GWD forum here : https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/gwdbeta

They should be able to help you further.

Re: HTML ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply.

As you said you're including compressed images & external libraries in the
package. Yes I am keeping all the images in the .zip file. But Where can I
keep it Should I store it on server? Can you guide me in detail?

--

*Thanks & Regards,Apurv Sonani*