AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! I can't track which account I advertised for a client with?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HELP! I can't track which account I advertised for a client with? I need to discover which one I used - can it be done?

Hi there, Ive a terrible problem, I installed an ad campaign for a client a few years back and I cant seem to find which account I done the work under, is there a way to locate the google account to adjust the ads that we are running? All I can get is the clients billing info which he is paying. I dont seem to have any record of the actual account, I'm sure we could pass any security questions if you need to do that first off, I understand that its a weird request.

Even if you can advise on a way to discover what email we used we could possibly recover it.

The ad appears here (acebates.com)

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?rlz=1C1CHFX_en-gbGB478GB478&sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP! I can't track which account I advertised for a client with?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

You might try this troubleshooter here to find some sort of solution.

If you have some clue of what email address you used, you might try this password recovery.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

cheers, we done the ad way back for the guy and its been running fine, he want to change it, but we cant for the life of us discover which account we used, we have quite a few! Would we be better calling google and trying the credit card info to discover the account? Or would that info not even be enough to get us there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I may have found the customer ID - would there be a tool to find the email using that? 

788-### -1817

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sir!

In the billing info,do you see the customer id on the upper right hand corner? If you have this info, you may call the

Worldwide Phone Support & answer security questions to verify your account.

If you have enough time, you may go to Account Recovery in Adwords and type all possible email that you might had used to create the account.

More Power,

Loraine

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems I have received an email to studio@wecreativ3.com from google but when I try to recover the password it does not have a record?

Here is the response: 

We searched our database but we were unable to find any usernames associated with your email address studio@wecreativ3.com.

For more help, visit the link below.

https://www.google.com/accounts

If clicking the link above does not work, copy and paste the URL in a new browser window instead.

Sincerely,

The Google Accounts Team

Note: This email address cannot accept replies. To fix an issue or learn more about your account, visit our help center:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/

Here is the email they sent me:

Use the Estimated Top of Page Bid to get your ad above search results. Adjust bids »

Your Customer ID: 788-###-1817

Sign in

Move on up.

Customers are more likely to find you when your ad is at the top of the page.

Using Estimated Top of Page Bid

AdWords provides an Estimated Top of Page Bid to help show your ads in a premium position. Though your 'Batesy Skips' campaign ad is already appearing on the first page of Google search results, you can increase your chances of getting even more traffic by moving your ad above search results.

Ace Bates Skip Hire

www.acebates.com/

Builders Skips for just £100+vat! First For Skip Hire in Belfast

The following keywords could help your ad appear at the top of the page with these estimated bids.

Keyword

Est. Top of Page Bid*

skip hire belfast

£1.00

'Batesy Skips' campaign

June 2012

Clicks

The number of visits to your website.

Showing your ad at the top of the page can increase traffic to your website.

See you online,
The Google AdWords Team

Help us improve your AdWords experience by taking a short survey »

Helpful resources for using AdWords »

Visit our Help Centre and find answers to your questions »

*Bid value is an estimate based on June information. Please sign in to your account to get the current top
of page bid estimate.

© 2012 Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.

This email was sent to henry@wecreativ3.com because you indicated that you'd like to receive occasional AdWords account performance suggestions. If you don't want to receive such emails in the future, please unsubscribe here: http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/optout/1byRcxaiTjbWGqgrpOPjPMBNQ9x85k7bb?e=henry%40wecreativ3.com... You can also change your preferences on your account’s Notification Settings page by logging in to https://adwords.google.com/select/EditCommunicationsPreferences

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

When you call the Worldwide Phone Support, It will ask you to enter your Customer ID and give you option  to select what type of request you need to direct you to the right department. Smiley Happy

More Power,
Loraine

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you try this Forgot Username first?

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got it, but got it by chance, thanks guys. Though I can see that this is a problem that might be best looked at for google to allow a client to enter their ID to recover to registered email?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That's a good chance thoughSmiley Happy

If the client is the administrator of that email, then he can proceed in calling customer service for further assistance.

Keep us posted! Thank You.

More Power,
Loraine