AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Grant access to Keyword tool ony

AUS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
AUS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, is it possible to provide my colleague, only access to the Keyword Tool, and how? Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Grant access to Keyword tool ony

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I do not think this is an option. There is an external keyword tool they can use https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Obviously there are benefits of being logged into the account when doing the research but I do not know of any way to allow someone access to just the KW tool in an adwords account.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

AUS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
AUS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Kim, as you said it would be best if they could access our already existing keywords, and work on refining them.

Let's hope that some one has a solution Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi AUS, I think I can safely say that no one will have what you need.  As Kim said, there is no option to allow access only to the Keyword Tool and/or the Keywords themselves.

In truth, such access would make little sense if used for the purpose of "refining" Keywords since they should never be edited in isolation from the rest of the Campaign/Account.  Keywords need to be matched closely to their related Ads, so you'd need access to the Ads as well to modify, add and pause/delete them as necessary.  Ads and Keywords need to be organised into tightly focused Ad Groups so you'll need access to the Ad Groups as well.  Ad Groups should be collected under appropriately targeted Campaigns, so you should really have access to Campaigns.  If you change Keywords and landing pages, you should probably consider setting up new Conversions, etc.

You see where I'm going here.

Having someone only have access to the Keywords and nothing more is like having a mechanic who only maintains one wheel of your car, asking him to make the whole vehicle drive smoothly.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

AUS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
AUS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Jon Smiley Happy I like the mechanic metaphor, it makes sense.

These keywords are intended for our SEO campaign, as you might know, Google stopped providing third parties ( example seomoz.com) access to their data. Therefore we are trying to find an alternative, and thought instead of creating a seperate Google account, we could provide the SEO team access to the keywords tool only.

Maybe this level of access segmentation will be availabe in the future.

Regards,

AUS