AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google tags and third party ticketing sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use a third-party ticketing system (similar to eventbrite). I would like to track conversions (ticket sales) on this site, and so would a few of our advertising partners. I have a google tags account set up for our site, where I will place our advertising partners tags. Our ticketing partner has a place to enter a google tag to track conversions. What do I enter there to get it to flow through our google tag manager? Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google tags and third party ticketing sites

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Ann, how are things?

It's a bit hard to indicate what you should use since we don't know what's your Ticketing Partner and what fields they provide for you to insert information. Could you provide screenshots for us?

Ann P wrote:

What do I enter there to get it to flow through our google tag manager? Thank you!

To work with your GTM account, you should insert a Google Tag Manager Container ID in there, but a lot of Third Party websites doesn't allow that.

Usually companies ask for the Google Adwords Conversion Code, or some essencial parts of the code, like the Conversions ID. This page may help: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

and so does this one: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6331314

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Google tags and third party ticketing sites

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Ann P,

The easiest thing to do is have your partner place the AW conversion code on the thanks you page and change the id and label to match your defined conversion, and have them fill in the value of the sale. This will report as a conversion in both AdWords and Analytics.

I'm not certain you can use tag manager across accounts like this. You would certainly need to setup cross-domain tracking, which isn't easy, and they would need to provide your domain name in the tracking code. That just doesn't seem likely to happen. I could be wrong!

If the variables they are asking for are google_conversion_id and google_conversion_label, they are using the AdWords conversion code. You'll need to create a conversion action in the AW account, get the code. The values of the two variables will be there,

Let us know how it turns out?

Best of Luck,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords