AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google stopped showing my ads for the rest of the day

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I currently have a campaign running only on the google search network using the bidding option Focus on clicks, automatic bidding but the ads generally stop showing in the afternoon. I have checked my daily budget and Google say 'Your budget is OK. We do not recommend changes at this time' BUT this is incorrect considering my budget generally runs out before the day is ended 6pm. 

I have optimised my keywords and used a variety of broad, phrase and exact match and I have excluded many negative keywords. In general I am happy with the overall keywords that are triggered.

Is this a red or black situation - Either raise my daily budget or lower my max CPC?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google stopped showing my ads for the rest of the day

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi GlenBob,

If Google is showing the message of “Limited by Budget” at campaign level then it can be the reason of your low budgetand if it is not showing any message then evrything is fine with budget.

Also check your daily spent limit, if yours daily spent is equal or more than your daily budget it means you are facing the budget issue.

Kindly check your scheduling setting may be there you have set any “day parting”. If Ad scheduling is set on “Show ads all days and hours” then everything is fine there.  

Please check your Ad Delivery Method too. If you have selected Standard it means your ad will show evenly over time and if you selected Accelerated  it means your ad will show as quickly as reasonably possible. So also confirm it.

Thanks

Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Divide keywords into 3 categories..

- Broad keywords

- High converting keywords

- Niche keywords

Check out CPC and estimate Profit per keywords for each of these keywords and set the bid price..

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Glen,

I would recommend to check "Budget Delivery Option"

-- Standard
-- Accelerated

If it's set to Accelerated, you can change it to Standard.

If this doesn't solve the issue then you can move forward and raise your budget.

Lower My Max CPC : I think before taking this particular step you need to check average position of the keywords.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi GlenBob,

If Google is showing the message of “Limited by Budget” at campaign level then it can be the reason of your low budgetand if it is not showing any message then evrything is fine with budget.

Also check your daily spent limit, if yours daily spent is equal or more than your daily budget it means you are facing the budget issue.

Kindly check your scheduling setting may be there you have set any “day parting”. If Ad scheduling is set on “Show ads all days and hours” then everything is fine there.  

Please check your Ad Delivery Method too. If you have selected Standard it means your ad will show evenly over time and if you selected Accelerated  it means your ad will show as quickly as reasonably possible. So also confirm it.

Thanks

Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Divide keywords into 3 categories..

- Broad keywords

- High converting keywords

- Niche keywords

Check out CPC and estimate Profit per keywords for each of these keywords and set the bid price..

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the useful information and with regards to my campaign it's currently running as Standard. 

I reckon I will higher my daily budget on the basis that my current ad postions for keywords is 2.7 (I don't want to lower my CPC just in case my ad rank decreases) Also my quality score for all keywords is 10/10with:

* Above average click through rate
* above average ad relevance 
* above average landing page
Regards,
GlenBob