AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google shopping ads were appearing now they're not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've had Google Shopping Ads up for a while we followed all these steps:

1.) Setup a Google Merchant Center account and create a feed of all online products, which you will submit to Google Merchant Center.

2.) Link your Google Merchant Center Account with AdWords within the Google Merchant Center interface.

3.) Create a Product Listing Ads campaign in AdWords. Do NOT create ads or insert keywords.

4.) Link Your Google Merchant Center product feed via AdWords Product Ad Extensions settings.

5.) Setup an 'Auto Target > Product Target' which specifies the products you want to advertise. You can add all products or setup a filter based on Product Type, Brand, Condition, AdWords Label, and AdWords Grouping. I believe you can setup three filters per ad group.

6.) Set appropriate bids at the ad group level and daily budget at the campaign level.

When I search under http://www.google.com/products?authorid=[Merchant ID] My products appear.  When I do a search even with quotation marks around our exact product title nothing comes up in google shopping.  I tried searching in Google shopping that would catch all our products and narrowed the search to our website (site: www.ourwebsitesite.com).  I had 1 out of a 1000 or so products appear.  Seems strange.

All in stock products give the green light in Merchant Center for Product ads and Shopping.  They were fine earlier this morning and I've spent all day trying to figure out what happened.  Can anyone give some suggestions on what could be wrong?  Where else can I look?

Re: Google shopping ads were appearing now they're not.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi vistagold,

I've come across this issue before and all I needed to do was increase our CPC's to get the ads showing again. I think when we started the campaign it knocked the competition down a bit then they raised their bids to get back above us.

Maybe try giving them a bit of a boost (for a trial period) to see if this might be the problem.

I still find the PLA's a bit of a grey area. I wish there was more information about getting the most from them.