AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google is selecting a different landing page my ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords is selecting a landing page I've not included in my ad or site links.

E.g. I want to send the ad to a specific page but it decides to send it to the search page.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google is selecting a different landing page my ad.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Owner

No Google does not change your landing page automatically. If there are any kind of problems with your landing page google will notify you about it ( You can check campaign notifications for those kind of alerts)

However I've had a incident recently from one of my client. Someone has forcefully logged in to his adword account and change the landing pages, so if there is a issue like that it's better you to be more careful Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Owner

No Google does not change your landing page automatically. If there are any kind of problems with your landing page google will notify you about it ( You can check campaign notifications for those kind of alerts)

However I've had a incident recently from one of my client. Someone has forcefully logged in to his adword account and change the landing pages, so if there is a issue like that it's better you to be more careful Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Owners M, as Nisal has said, Google will not change the landing page of your Ads.  If you have clicks landing on an unexpected page, it is the result of a setting within your Account, not anything Google has done.

One thing to check for is keyword-level destination URLs.  Keyword Destination URLs "trump" Ad URLs so if your Ad is set to go to www example.com and a Keyword is matched that is set to go to www example.com/thisfolder/ the click will go to that URL, not the one in the Ad.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits