AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google has changed the way you set up remarketing campaigns?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I have recently gone to set up a new remarketing campaign and normally set up a completely new campaign. Before I did this, I noticed you could set up remarketing for each adgroup under the audience tab of my search only campaign.  It seems that this would only remarket text ads, is this correct? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom B
October 2015

Re: Google has changed the way you set up remarketing campaigns?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting! What you're seeing is two different ways of doing remarketing. The first, which it sounds like you've done in the past, is remarketing on the Display Network. This is targeting past visitors as they browse other pages of the internet outside of Google Search.

You can also set up remarketing in the Audiences tab of a Search campaign, which is aptly named Remarketing Lists for Search Ads. This allows you to bid differently for people who have visited your site in the past and are now searching for the keywords in your campaign on Google.com.

You can add your remarketing list to individual ad groups in your current search campaign, and set the targeting to "Bid Only" if you want to test bidding more aggressively for, say, the people who have abandoned their shopping carts, or who purchased in the last month. Full instructions here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en&vid=1-635797544564925291-3645851084

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom B
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting! What you're seeing is two different ways of doing remarketing. The first, which it sounds like you've done in the past, is remarketing on the Display Network. This is targeting past visitors as they browse other pages of the internet outside of Google Search.

You can also set up remarketing in the Audiences tab of a Search campaign, which is aptly named Remarketing Lists for Search Ads. This allows you to bid differently for people who have visited your site in the past and are now searching for the keywords in your campaign on Google.com.

You can add your remarketing list to individual ad groups in your current search campaign, and set the targeting to "Bid Only" if you want to test bidding more aggressively for, say, the people who have abandoned their shopping carts, or who purchased in the last month. Full instructions here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en&vid=1-635797544564925291-3645851084

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for clearing that one up Cassie Smiley Happy