AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google forwarding phone number on Landing Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to display the Google forwarding phone number in ads (using call extension) on a PPC landing page to keep the numbers consistant and trackable?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google forwarding phone number on Landing Pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

refueled wrote:

Is it possible to display the Google forwarding phone number in ads (using call extension) on a PPC landing page to keep the numbers consistant and trackable?

If you happen to read the help center article on Google forwarding number, it says:

Forwarding.jpg

I guess it says all. So the number should be used inside the text ads only as per my understanding.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I'm aware of the policy. I was hoping to be able to use the same number in the ad on the page, because I want to be able to attribute the conversion of the page, to the ad itself. I think it would be rather confusing to show one number to the user in the ad, then show a different number on the landing page. It would be nice to be able to dynamically insert the phone number in the ad on the landing page to keep the number consistant and to better track conversions that happen on the landing page, thanks to the AdWords ad.

Of course, this wouldn't be useful in all cases but for lead generation micro-sites I think it has a useful purpose. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I use callfire don't know if it would work for this but it let's you buy a number then it records all conversations and forwards to any number plus you can buy multiple numbers and forward if you want to track separate ad sources like tv radio google and so on