AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google forwarding number is over website's phone number that is still showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is a screen shot of what is happening http://prntscr.com/fu1c6a

How do I get the actual phone number to disappear when the Google forwarding number shows up?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amy L
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Amy L,

It's hard to tell what's going on from the screen shot. It looks like there are 2 elements on top of each other. The element on the bottom most likely shows your phone number, and the element on top appears to be the Google number. If that's the case, the simplest thing to do is add a background color to the element on top.

Just a suggestion, I'd need to look at the page and the code to provide a more specific answer.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand the scenario her.e Are you referring to an ad?

No screenshot in the link

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amy L
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Amy L,

It's hard to tell what's going on from the screen shot. It looks like there are 2 elements on top of each other. The element on the bottom most likely shows your phone number, and the element on top appears to be the Google number. If that's the case, the simplest thing to do is add a background color to the element on top.

Just a suggestion, I'd need to look at the page and the code to provide a more specific answer.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Amy,

I've never seen that before. It can only be fixed by your website designer or tech person. There's nothing in the Google code causing that to happen. 

It might be a CSS issue, or there might be the number there twice to create a visual effect, or it could be a javascript clash. My guess is the number is there twice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you petebardo!