AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google display network landing page

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello!

I was just wondering. Does it matter whether the landing page is relevant to the ad or targeting in Google Display Network?

I've found out that important part of quality score in display network is and I will quote: ''the quality of your ad's landing page.''. So my question is: What does it mean quality of landing page? Does it take in consideration landing page relevance to the ads like in search?

Alex

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Re: Google display network landing page

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Alex,

Yes, I don't think text within image ads would be considered. However, if these aren't relevant with the ad, I have a feeling it may not give results. To answer your question: yes, text within image ads aren't considered.
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Alex,

Yes, landing page relevance is a major factor for QS on GDN. LP relevance to targeting method would convey if the campaign is relevant to the business.
Sumanth Sridhar

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thanks for your reply Sumanth,

I just do not understand how would Google know relevance of the landing page to the image ads. Or does Google detect somehow text from image ads?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I haven't noticed an article around this, but from what I've seen, AdWords system could be looking at the LP and targeting criteria (like kws, placements) to determine relevance. I don't think text within the image ad should matter.
Sumanth Sridhar

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Summanth,

OK just to be sure. Relevance only matters to the targeting method, but not the the content of the ads, is that correct?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Alex,

Yes, I don't think text within image ads would be considered. However, if these aren't relevant with the ad, I have a feeling it may not give results. To answer your question: yes, text within image ads aren't considered.
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
I agree with Sumanth. I dont think system is reading image ad content and match it with landing page to decide QS on GDN,

However take it like this, if you doing a travel business, choosing travel related placements and topics more like to give u better results, hence system can assume your ad and LP is . relavent to you can get a higher QS .

Please refer following two links for similar discussions.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Quality-Score-and-the-Display-Netwo...

http://www.semwisdom.com/blog/gdn-quality-score#axzz3Tna4I4T0

Google display network landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the first page googleadwords I filled www.gabriellourdesmartinsandanadassnathan.blogspot.com but in my blog it is www.gabriellourdesmartinnathan.blogspot.com I tried to delete the word sandanadass from googleadwords It appears to be impossilbe Please help me