AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have just searched on google for 'Coffee supplies' and my (adwords) advert came up on the right side however this advert is for  'Industrial Water Coolers'.

Why is this ad appearing when there is nothing in the body or where its located to link it to Coffee supplies.

Thanks

Linda

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Linda,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

First of all I would strongly advice you not to use live Google search to check your results. This would result in hampering your own impressions, CTR etc... Instead try Ad Preview Tool which Google has given to its advertisers to look for some real time results.

Another thing to check for is the keywords list which you are advertising and what match types you are using.

Look at the search terms report and identify what match types are being delivered for which your keywords.

Many times, the choice of match type keywords plays the key role. You might have to consider using Embedded negatives so that the ad which you want to get displayed for particular set of keywords is visible to users and not something else.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Linda,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

First of all I would strongly advice you not to use live Google search to check your results. This would result in hampering your own impressions, CTR etc... Instead try Ad Preview Tool which Google has given to its advertisers to look for some real time results.

Another thing to check for is the keywords list which you are advertising and what match types you are using.

Look at the search terms report and identify what match types are being delivered for which your keywords.

Many times, the choice of match type keywords plays the key role. You might have to consider using Embedded negatives so that the ad which you want to get displayed for particular set of keywords is visible to users and not something else.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj