AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google added unwanted/unauthorozed/unneeded keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

to my adwords account. I can't even access them..was show them by a top rated SEO company, they are costing me click thru rate dollars. I don't want them or need them....how do I get rid of them ?

www.sedgegardenflorist.com

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google added unwanted/unauthorozed/unneeded keywords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

The Google AdWords program does not "add" keywords to your account. The only way I can think of that your ads might be shown for searches that you did not wish to service is if you are using Broad match keywords and not taking care to keep your negative keyword list up to date to block those searches.

On the other hand, if you're advertising through AdWords Express, then that program does choose the keywords for you--you don't have any way to pick and choose there.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Theresa, that may just be the problem...Now to figure out exact match keywords....**bleep** there should be an easier way......lol

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Run a Search Query report and see which actual search queries that people are typing in match what you're selling. Add those as Exact match keywords to your campaign. (Note: This strategy is not foolproof--there will always be a significant percentage of search queries that convert once--and never again.) 

Similarly, look at the list of search queries to identify the "core phrases" that are common to many queries and that, again, are a very good match for what you're selling. Those should be your Phrase match keywords.

I always think it's better to start with a smaller, controlled list of keywords and then expand outwards. When you're ready to expand, try picking a few (or just a couple) of your best-performing keywords and adding those to your campaign as Modified Broad Match. Because you know that the Phrase/Exact match version of this keyword is good for you, opening those specific words up to be matched a little bit more widely will help you to identify other good keywords that can then be added to your campaign (as Phrase/Exact).

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*