AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Web Designer Upload Responsive Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I really like the GWD and I'm have made some ads which work really well. But after making some regular ads I wanted to make a responsive ad so I don't have to make and publish every size seperately. I used the same content as before, but now responsive.

Publishing to a zip file went well but I can't upload it on Adwords. I get this error (in Dutch): "De afbeelding heeft geen geldige afmetingen." Which means the dimensions are not valid. But the dimensions are responsive so I don't know what I can do to fix this.

Can you maybe tell me what I am doing wrong? Or if you can upload GWD responsive ads to Adwords?

Hope someone can help me! Thanks a lot.

Karin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Web Designer Upload Responsive Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Karin J,

There are limitations within Adwords that play into your Ads design. Are you creating banner ads or expandable ads? 

Limitations

• Expandable ads are not supported.
  • All images used in HTML5 ads must be local images, not referenced images, and should be part of the assets that comprise the ZIP file.
  • Only Google web fonts are supported. Other web fonts are not supported.
  • For environment target actions, timer and multiple exits are not supported.
  • Local storage methods cannot be used in HTML5 ads.

Take a look at this help file and this help file for some more info on this. 

Happy Friday!

- James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply James. I also found the help files you mention. But it is a banner ad and I also think the other limitations aren't met because in the not responsive ad I used the same contect/components/events and they did work. (so the files are local, the font works, etc)

I also find it weird that the error message is about the dimensions which are responsive.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Very welcome, Karin. Sorry it did not resolve the issue.

Have you tried to re-upload and verify it was a not a glitch?

- James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Was this ever resolved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's just because your zip file is maybe higher than 150kb