AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Video Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to figure out if this featured has been rolled out to everyone? I've found information on how the extension works, but nothing on how to set it up within your account. Has this been axed, or just still in beta?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Video Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Admoogle, 

I ended up calling Google to get a clear answer. The rep I talked to claimed it was indeed still in Beta, open only to a select few advertisers. Unfortunately, you can't sign up to test. 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Jvickery,

Google adwords had not any Video extension feature, please read the ad extension  feature. But not sure you are talking about ad extension or you want to know about video ads, kindly read how to create video ad, if want to run video ads for your campaign.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

DineshSEM,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I'm referring to the announcement of the feature on Google Ad Innovations here:

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/videoextensions.html

I've also found a few other articles mentioning the video extensions, along with a mention at the end ofthis google video tutorial: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yn30xy-Vq4

I haven't found information here :http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375499, which is why I am posing the question. 

Thanks,

Jenn

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Jvickery,

Thanks for providing informational links, i think video extension is for limited use, i haven't used the Video extension so far neither i know how to add it in ads. Still I could not see any live example of video extension, have you seen any live video extension ad.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In conducting initial research, I've seen live video extensions for movie trailers. In lieu of a screenshot, you can simply search for the movie "The Vow". Assuming it isn't geo-targeted, the ad should show for you as well. Any thoughts? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jenn,

I thought I was the only one losing my marbles - it says that Video Extensions are Fully Released as you rightly say but I cannot find a single word either about the rollout on the internet!

I have so many customers wanting me to make professional AdWords video extensions for them here at my company admoogle because it will really add value to their AdWords campaigns - especially to brand their business but I can't see a video extension tab in Campaigns yet!

Please let me know if you hear anything before me!

Let me know if I can help you once they're eventually up and running!

Kind regards

Chris Baillie

admoogle

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Admoogle, 

I ended up calling Google to get a clear answer. The rep I talked to claimed it was indeed still in Beta, open only to a select few advertisers. Unfortunately, you can't sign up to test. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for letting me know...
I guess we'll just have to wait till it goes mainstream then?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok so they have now binned the idea and are looking at alternative solutions.