AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager \ AdWords conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Is it possile to track conversion from different landing pages in GTM. I have 60 PPC accounts for my client and seperate landing pages for each. But only one thank you page. So I would like to know whether we can track all conversion from these 60 pages with the help one thank you page by using Google Tag Manager. Please help me someone to solve this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dejeesh
September 2015

Re: Google Tag Manager \ AdWords conversion tracking

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not sure that i understood your query correctly, but i will try to give my best. As per my knowledge even if you are using a same conversion page(inquiry form in your case) then also Google will give attribute to the correct account for the conversion, because whenever a Adwords ad is click a cookie with a unique time stamp is placed on user's system in order to give attribute to keyword,ad group,campaign and Adwords account as well. So if you are promoting 60 different landing through different account also, so theory applies here as well. Suppose a user in location "A" clicks on your ad and submit the inquiry form so the conversion will be shown in the account where you are promoting the landing page for location "A" because it have its own cookie associated with that Adwords account only.

Abhishek

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dejeesh

As you have mentioned that you are managing 60 accounts so i think you are managing them through MCC account. If yes, then you can track conversion through cross-account conversion tracking with the help of MCC account.

Read the post for About cross-account conversion tracking:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3030657?hl=en

And to know ho to set up cross-account Conversion Tracking:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3061730?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for reply, yes I have managing all these accounts through MCC. I have tried cross-account conversion tracking a day before an I have facing few problems while setting this. I have shared all my concerns here https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/How-to-set-Cross-account-conversion-tracking/m-p/...

Summery of my concerns,

1.Have different landing pages and a common inquiry page
2.No Thank you page, so the conversion code is placed in inquiry page itself and it will be fire after a successful submission.
3.if we using cross- account conversion tracking, Is the conversions from all the pages will be track/feed in only one account instead of tracking separately in other accounts in MCC ??

It would be great if you could look on this and provide a solution.

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dejeesh
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not sure that i understood your query correctly, but i will try to give my best. As per my knowledge even if you are using a same conversion page(inquiry form in your case) then also Google will give attribute to the correct account for the conversion, because whenever a Adwords ad is click a cookie with a unique time stamp is placed on user's system in order to give attribute to keyword,ad group,campaign and Adwords account as well. So if you are promoting 60 different landing through different account also, so theory applies here as well. Suppose a user in location "A" clicks on your ad and submit the inquiry form so the conversion will be shown in the account where you are promoting the landing page for location "A" because it have its own cookie associated with that Adwords account only.

Abhishek

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the solution Abhishek. It is highly appreciated Smiley Happy

So as per your suggestion I'm moving forward with Cross-account conversion tracking. One more doubt Smiley Happy , before implementing this I need to tag all the landing pages by using Google URL builder right?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Happy to help!
Create a new conversion tracking in your MCC account from the left side menu and paste that new code in place of the old one and select the Adwords accounts in manage account tab for which you want this code tracks conversions. Manage Account tab is in conversion menu itself .

Abhishek

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks a lot Abhishek!