AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Sponsored Ads / Display Ads - text ads - call extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I am setting up Google Display and Google Sponsored Campaigns. I know I can use plain text ads at the Display network. However, I am not sure if I can show phone number within the inbox text ads. Does anyone have experience in this??

Thank you

Anna

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
November 2015

Re: Google Sponsored Ads / Display Ads - text ads - call extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Generally, in all text ads, The Policy prohibits phone numbers as part of the ad-text.

You could use call extensions on the display network, but they will be shown only on mobile devices and not on desktops.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Generally, in all text ads, The Policy prohibits phone numbers as part of the ad-text.

You could use call extensions on the display network, but they will be shown only on mobile devices and not on desktops.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anna,

Adding phone number within the ads is not allowed.

You can use call extension even for display network and you are allowed to opt whether you want to show call extension on: All devices, desktop and tablets only or mobile devices only.

There are certain cases where call extension is not available for display network:

Call extensions aren't available for “Display Network only - Remarketing” campaigns, or "Display Network only" campaigns with the marketing objective of "Install your mobile app" or "Engage with your mobile app."

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Archit

Note:

Call extensions you add to Display Network campaigns have limited features.

• Display Network call extensions show only on high-end mobile phones (not on desktops, laptops, or tablets).

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Moshe,

Well I was try to make it practically and there i have found these 3 options to opt for display network only campaign.
If all the features are not available in real then why Google misguide by providing the options.
If would be highly appreciated if you could share any official document regarding the same.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Archit;

Technically, you can set the extension (since it will be shown on mobile devices), but it will not be shown on desktops.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Thanks MosheTLV.

Regards