AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Scripts Adwords Conversion name stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm setting up some automated reporting scripts to track a number of my company's adwords accounts under our MCC. 

I'm using the MccApp and iterating through the campaigns under each account as using parts of an exmaple script in the references:

while (campaignIterator.hasNext()) {
var campaign = campaignIterator.next();
var title = campaign.getName()
var stats = campaign.getStatsFor(janF,janT);
var campaignStats = [title, stats.getCost(), stats.getConvertedClicks()]

janStats.push(campaignStats);}

Is there a way for me to differentiate between different conversion names? These are set up in our account so we can segment manually extracted reports, but is there a way to do this through scripts.

For some of our accounts, particular types of conversion are more important, so there would be a lot of value in being able to distinguish between these conversion types. 

Regards, 
Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Scripts Adwords Conversion name stats

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex, I believe you'll need to call one of the API reports that covers the segments and data you're looking for - there are many that provide the conversionName segment.  Here's a list of available reports:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports

and here's a quick snippet that shows how to include them in your scripts:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/features/reports

Essentially this uses SQL to query the named report as though it was a database.

Any problems or other queries, give me a shout.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits