AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Remarketing - may I create a campaign for a client and have their ads target MY web visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to create a remarketing campaign for a client and have their ads target people that are visiting various sections of my site?  Is this allowed by Google policies?  I know I can run an adwords campaign on their behalf, but am not sure as far as targeting my own site visitors instead of their site visitors.  Thanks for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Remarketing - may I create a campaign for a client and have their ads target MY web visit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TonyNapoleone,

Have you tried putting their remarketing tag on your site?  I know that I used to be able to do this but I haven't tried it since the new remarketing system has been implemented...this could technically add users to that remarketing pool who visited your site.

If you do try this, please let us know how it goes.  I'm unaware of any policy that would stop you from doing such a thing.  It would be more of a technical issue if it doesn't work.

The only other way I see this as possible is if you're already currently sharing an AdWords account.  Sharing audiences between campaigns is quite easy.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Remarketing - may I create a campaign for a client and have their ads target MY web visit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TonyNapoleone,

Have you tried putting their remarketing tag on your site?  I know that I used to be able to do this but I haven't tried it since the new remarketing system has been implemented...this could technically add users to that remarketing pool who visited your site.

If you do try this, please let us know how it goes.  I'm unaware of any policy that would stop you from doing such a thing.  It would be more of a technical issue if it doesn't work.

The only other way I see this as possible is if you're already currently sharing an AdWords account.  Sharing audiences between campaigns is quite easy.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’