AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Re-Marketing using different adwords accounts for the same site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have a globally targetted website which we use country specific google adwords accounts to drive the traffic. The issue we have is that we are looking to expand into re-targetting our visitors with display banners but our agency has recommended we add a seperate tag for each of the country specific adwords accounts. This would mean 31 tags per page which we don't see as acceptable.

Is there a way to use one tag to power multiple re-targetting campaigns across multiple adwords accounts?

Pat

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Re-Marketing using different adwords accounts for the same site

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi
In the past it was very difficult and involved complicated coding to track the geo of user and fire remarketing code accordingly. But now its amazingly simple with analytics remarketing.
http://www.google.co.in/analytics/features/remarketing.html. Where you can create lists as per countries or any other analytics dimensions and create different lists for each dimensions and metric.
Hope this helps.
PS. sorry about formatting rich text editor is not working on community so i am using quick reply option.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this.

Would it work across different adword account for the same site without adding many different tags?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
HI
Yup,
It will work as long as your analytics account and adwords account are linked properly
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
As it is possible to link multiple Analytics accountS to a single Analytics account it should be possible to import remarketing lists from that Analytics account to all of them (haven´t tried it myself yet though)

http://analytics.blogspot.se/2011/08/linking-all-of-your-adwords-accounts-to.html

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi patkelly18,

As far as I know, you can not share re-marketing lists across accounts. If the idea is to create re-marketing lists that all accounts can use, you'll need one for each account.

It sounds like you have 31 accounts, all pointing to the same web site. Have all 31 accounts been attached to an Analytics account?

Why not pick one account to do all re-marketing? You can create 31 campaigns, each targeted to one country using one re-marketing list.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, I meant to write "multiple AdWords [not Analytics] accounts" above.

@Pete, I haven´t tested with a multiple accounts connection yet, but when I create a remarketing list in Analytis, it automatically gets imported do the AdWords accounts attached, so I my guess is that if you have multiple accounts attached, it would be imported to all of them. Why not? Ot which would it choose?