AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Product Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Please confirm us we don,t need to run seprate keywords for product ads.

are thses ads auotomatically runs on google search with revent keyords and feed from google merchant centre.

Regards,

Addy

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Addy_SEM
September 2015

Re: Google Product Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are two ways to integrate the merchant center products with your adwords account.

product extensions

product listings

Product Extensions: These will work with keywords as they are an extensions to your already created adgroup(s)

Product Listings: You do not need keywords with this option.  You will create a new campaign that is a product listing campaign and the merchant center data will be used to cause the ads to be served on relevant matches to a search query.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Addy,

That's correct. As far as as I know, you don't need to create separate ad groups which target your Product ads. It's automatically triggered if you have enabled Product Extensions for your campaign and the Google Merchant Center account is properly linked to your Adwords. So important condition for Product Listing ads is that your Google Merchant Center account need to be linked to your Adwords campaign from where you want these ads to be displayed. See this article for details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Addy,

Product ads are different from product extensions..

According to this page:

"Product listing ads use your existing Merchant Center product feed, creating ads for the products you want to promote in a dynamic way.

As opposed to regular text ads, product listing ads are not triggered with keywords. Instead, we'll show the products you want to promote whenever users are searching for them. We'll use the information you provided about your products through your Merchant Center account to do this, so we recommend you always keep it up to date and properly optimized."

These ads get their context from the descriptions you provide in your product feed. They don't use keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are two ways to integrate the merchant center products with your adwords account.

product extensions

product listings

Product Extensions: These will work with keywords as they are an extensions to your already created adgroup(s)

Product Listings: You do not need keywords with this option.  You will create a new campaign that is a product listing campaign and the merchant center data will be used to cause the ads to be served on relevant matches to a search query.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Addy,

That's correct. As far as as I know, you don't need to create separate ad groups which target your Product ads. It's automatically triggered if you have enabled Product Extensions for your campaign and the Google Merchant Center account is properly linked to your Adwords. So important condition for Product Listing ads is that your Google Merchant Center account need to be linked to your Adwords campaign from where you want these ads to be displayed. See this article for details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Addy,

Product ads are different from product extensions..

According to this page:

"Product listing ads use your existing Merchant Center product feed, creating ads for the products you want to promote in a dynamic way.

As opposed to regular text ads, product listing ads are not triggered with keywords. Instead, we'll show the products you want to promote whenever users are searching for them. We'll use the information you provided about your products through your Merchant Center account to do this, so we recommend you always keep it up to date and properly optimized."

These ads get their context from the descriptions you provide in your product feed. They don't use keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Manny Thanks to all to reply. Now I have got fair idea about oroduct image ads. Now I am running merchhant centre ads and I am selling harware and software on my site. but my Merchant centre hardware feed is taking software product ads from adwords when shown on google serach. Also tell google automatically takes keyword for product ads or it select it on its own. can we get to known on which keywords our ads are shown on which ads. Also tell when we select auto targets with the text ads and our accounts doen,t have option for product ads. does our product ads will come.

Kindely asisit

Kind Regards,

Addy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Addy,

In your case, I would suggest using the product targets and create product filters so that you can decide which of the product targets you want to show with your ad groups.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj