AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Plus Review Extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I'm trying to add Google review extension to one of my campaigs, but it's giving me "Review source is ineligible." and mark red on the Source URL.

Here is what I do... 

There are about 38 reviews in Google Plus page, so I took a paraphrase from one of them and added as text. Then I wrote the source as Google Plus and then source URL as https://plus.google.com/123456/about where the reviews are under All reviews section in that page. (I'm sorry, this is just a dummy page; the real page is omitted for business reasons & I don't have the right to publish it.) 

So what am I doing wrong with the URL? Shouldn't it be the About page? If not, what other page then it should be?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate the help.

Irene Yanni

My Online Profiles About.Me | G+ | Twitter

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Plus Review Extension

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Irene

I searched for this and found this information, may be it can help you.

Reviews must be from credible, third-party sources, and you're responsible for ensuring that you have permission to use the reviews in your ads (if permission is necessary). The following types of reviews are prohibited:

• Second-hand reporting (rather than directly linking to source)
  • Individual customer reviews and testimonials
  • Aggregate reviews and rankings from user review websites (however, you can show user review ratings with your ads by using seller ratings)
  • Press releases
  • Paid endorsements
  • Websites not accessible to the public (like sites that require signing up or signing in to see the review content)
  • Websites that are not family safe
  • Reviews requiring extra clicks to view (such as in videos, audio, PDFs)

The point which i highlighted in bold says that you can't use a Individual customer review or testimonials as review extension. Since you are using Google Plus as a source, so may be Adwords system is counting it as a mentioned policy voilation.

Read More about this on the following link:-

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3197294

My views!

Abhishek

Re: Google Plus Review Extension

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Irene,

You cannot use "individual personal reviews (not from a publication/organization)". You can read more about this extension and what constitutes a "review" here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3236114?hl=en

FWIW - The naming selection for this ad extension is poor, it's technically a citation extension. You need a 3rd party to review your product or service on their own. From there, you can then quote from the article/review to use with your extension.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

ies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your replies. I still can't find what is wrong with Google Plus reviews. I've double checked the policies and everything seems OK. But my question after going through these again, is not allowed to specifically use Google Plus reviews? But if so then how I see other advertisers are using it?

Thanks agian.

Irene

Re: ies

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Irene,

For review extensions - No, you cannot use ANY individual reviews.

Are you referring to social extensions or possibly seller ratings perhaps?

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Its written in the requirements, while creating a review extension that reviews can't be drawn from a user based website and i think Google Plus is a user based website(please correct me if i am wrong). 

img8.JPG

Could you please share the snapshot of the advertisers which are using this.

Abhishek

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Irene,

As Abhishek and Tommy have said, there're some particular sources for selling rate Google shopping, Google trusted stores and the listed review sites in this URL.

Google+ social extension just can show how may people plus your page, but i'v not heard before about Google+ reviews.

To show ads with your Google+ page, your ad must meet the below criteria, if so, it will appear automatically with your ad.

Your Google+ page has to have a verified URL.

The domain of your Google+ page URL has to match the domain of your ad's URL.
Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers. For most businesses, this means about 100 followers.