AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Play Newsstand / AdWords App ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to optimize several Newsstand apps in Google Play for AdWords. I have successfully created mobile app extensions and promo ads for an App in Google Play, but can't seem to do it for a Newsstand App.

When I reference the package ID during ad creation, it says not found in AdWords. This applies to mobile app conversions, app extensions, and app promo ads.

Are Newsstand apps not supported in AdWords?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lindsay K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Play Newsstand / AdWords App ads

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Ian,

You are correct, in the iTunes app store this content is treated as an individual app, allowing you to create an app promotion ad for iOS. However, in Google Play magazine content for a Newsstand app is not considered an individual app, preventing it from being found when adding the package ID to AdWords in order create an app promotion ad. So Newsstand apps in the Google Play store are not supported in AdWords for app promotion ads or app extensions due to the way the app store treats the content.

I hope this helps clarify things!

Best,
Lindsay

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Ian,

Really good question. I'm not entirely sure. Let me check on this and get back to you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great, thanks CocoP! Let me know what you hear.

Just FYI - the iOS App Store doesn't draw the distinction between regular apps and Newstand apps, so marketers can track downloads/activity for iOS Newstand apps in the standard way.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lindsay K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Ian,

You are correct, in the iTunes app store this content is treated as an individual app, allowing you to create an app promotion ad for iOS. However, in Google Play magazine content for a Newsstand app is not considered an individual app, preventing it from being found when adding the package ID to AdWords in order create an app promotion ad. So Newsstand apps in the Google Play store are not supported in AdWords for app promotion ads or app extensions due to the way the app store treats the content.

I hope this helps clarify things!

Best,
Lindsay