AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Places Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On Adwords I have a message "Simplify your location extensions setup and get comprehensive local market coverage." "Try location extensions without address overrides."  I'm then give a list of ads that have this problem.  They are all google places ads and I am told I can edit them in adworks express.  This  has a problem in that it only shows me one ad (not two) and I can't see what the problem is. Also, these ads have low quality scores. Does that draw down the quality scores for my regular adwords campaigns.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Places Ads

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Elizfield,

Kim_Clink is correct. AdWords Express keywords should not impact the quality score of other keywords in an account. The most important factor in the quality score of a keyword is its own performance with the ads it triggers. Therefore, a low quality score in an AdWords Express campaign will not impact the quality score of other campaigns within the same account. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I asked this same type of Q to Google awhile ago "Do Adwords Express ads effect a regular adwords account?" I was told that the Express ads will not effect the account.  I only got this info from one source at Google so if someone else has info to share also that would be great...I would feel better hearing from multiple sources Smiley Wink

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Elizfield,

I am not a big AdWords Express user but I am a researcher and I found some information here that may help but also lead me to a deduction that may explain your situation, or I could be completely incorrect. Smiley Happy

As Kim pointed out, AdWords and AdWords Express ads, if run together, do not have any impact on each other, they're treated as if they're the same account when the auction comes about.

You can find out a little more here: Using AdWords Express with AdWords

As you cannot edit your Express ads in the AdWords UI, these notices really don't mean much to you. In fact, I believe that Express ads already have location information included so an extension is overkill. 

I have a feeling that it is a reaction to ads being in your account and the Google system making suggestions as it would for a straight AdWords account.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Elizfield,

Kim_Clink is correct. AdWords Express keywords should not impact the quality score of other keywords in an account. The most important factor in the quality score of a keyword is its own performance with the ads it triggers. Therefore, a low quality score in an AdWords Express campaign will not impact the quality score of other campaigns within the same account. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
confirming that Rachel!

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Kim_Clink wrote:

I asked this same type of Q to Google awhile ago "Do Adwords Express ads effect a regular adwords account?" I was told that the Express ads will not effect the account.  I only got this info from one source at Google so if someone else has info to share also that would be great...I would feel better hearing from multiple sources Smiley Wink

Kim_Clink wrote:

Can we specify to adwords, the message should be published within 20 km radius only to restrict costs?

Rao