AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant Center Product Ads are cycling from approved to disapproved every few hours - WHY?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been up on Google Merchant Center for well over a year and my products were being properly displayed.  The problems started last week when the Adwords repesentative linked Adwords to the Merchant Center.  This morning I sent my Adwords rep. a copy of the Dashboard and product list.  The Dashboard clearly shows that the Product Ads are approved for a few hours and then are disapproved - this approval/disapproval cycle has now occurred 10 times.  My Adwords rep. is at a loss to resolve this issue.  He says that the fault lies with Google Merchant Center.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Merchant Center Product Ads are cycling from approved to disapproved every few hours - WH

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 147tobey,

Are you refreshing your feeds every time your ads cycle from approved to disapproved? Just curious about this, but that would make sense if you were. Maybe you have set automatic feed updates multiple times a day? I've not seen products disapproved for ads change status to approved without refreshing the feed.

Are you blocking googlebot from crawling your images? I was, and the end result was pretty much what you are seeing. Products would be initially approved for ads--until googlebot tried to crawl the images to verify they exist. If robots.txt is blocking googlebot from crawling images, you'll have to open it up. If your images are returning a "404 page not found", you'll need to fix that.

I've found that communication between GMC and AdWords is a little lacking. I believe that ad approval on product feeds is still a Merchant Center function, but I also found a lot of "it's the other guys doing it" when I tried to solve my problems with getting ads approved. It actually took a couple of months and a few escalations just to find out the problem was in crawling the images.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords