AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps: Search Partner & Display network

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Google properties are parts of Google Search partner network.
So When you run a Search Campaign and you want your ad to be found on Google Maps (see attachement) you must select the Search partners. Useless to say that appearing on Google Maps is crucial in the tourism industry (ask booking.com)

But what if you are tired appearing on all Search partners and decide to run a one placement campaign (maps.google.com) on the display network?
Where your ads will appear?
Is the placement differ regarding the network your campaign run in? (search partners or display)
Thanks very much for you help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps: Search Partner & Display network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Where your ads will appear?

I am not really sure what you mean, but I guess they will appear where you´ve shown. For what search query? That is more diffucult to say as the display only knows of broad match

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello pilgrim411;

As David suggested, you need to clarify your question.

"Maps" is part of the search network - Thus, ads relevant to the location searched, will be shown on "Maps".

For "search partners" - Those are also a part of the search network. You cannot choose to "opt in" (only) a few search partners, while excluding the rest. - Either all search partners are in, or they are all out.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for your answers, I realise my question was not 100% clear.
I know that I can't "opt-in" to have my ads show ONLY on one search partner, in that case Google Maps, and therefore, I was wondering if I could target "Google maps" as a placement with the "display network" and appear exactly where booking.com and bestwestern.com appear in my attached screen capture or somewhere else like on a Google listing page.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again

I am not aware that you can target Google maps as part of the GDN. I checked using both  the "placement tool", and Google ad planner (formally DoubleClick ad planner) and got: "Ad Planner could not find GDN data to display for maps.google.com: 

The booking.com ads you attached are shown due to the search query " hotel a' Paris"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks again ! I confirmed you that I target Google Maps on the Display Network. I used to think that Google Maps impressions on the Display Network where located right on a Google Listing, like in the picture attached here.

That is how I understood the difference between Google Maps on the Search Partner Network ( someone search hotel paris in Google Maps) and Google Maps on the Display Network ( Someone is viewing content on Google Maps). It works the same for other Search Partners belonging both to the Search Partner and Display Network. Ex: qype.com on the Search Partner Network (Someone is searching on the qype search bar: Hotel Paris) and qype.com on the Display Network (Someone is viewing content on qype). But regarding Google Maps now with the Google + Local change there is no such ads like the ones in the picture attached! So I just don't know where my Display Network Google Maps ads are shown

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Could you upload a screenshot of your GDN campaign setting showing "maps.google.com" on placements?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Maps.google.com in a display campaign

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

did you "manually"  add maps to the list or used the "placement tool"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I added it manually