AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Keyword planner shows approx search volume

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some of my clients' Google accounts, KW planner shows approx search volume.
For instance, search volume for "Sushi" in Japanese is:
- unaffected account: 110,000
- affected account: 10k-100k with following message.
"This page shows ranges for search volumes. For a more detailed view, set up and run a campaign."

Is it a test, update or bug?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eishirou U
August 2016

Re: Google Keyword planner shows approx search volume

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Basically, the above is correct though I'd not use such language. Advertisers with lower monthly spend may see limited data as of just recently. Please for more, refer to the announcement linked-to below:

*** Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool ***
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/Updates-to-the-Keyword-Planner-Tool/...

That way you will not see more data in the tool than what you absolutely need to optimize your own account and your attention will no more be diverted.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes this is also happening for my account since Tuesday 9th August. I wonder also if an update or a bug.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
It's an update from google to seriously screw every SEO over. It's to try and force people to buy advertising. Not cool and seriously underhand from google
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eishirou U
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Basically, the above is correct though I'd not use such language. Advertisers with lower monthly spend may see limited data as of just recently. Please for more, refer to the announcement linked-to below:

*** Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool ***
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Announcements/Updates-to-the-Keyword-Planner-Tool/...

That way you will not see more data in the tool than what you absolutely need to optimize your own account and your attention will no more be diverted.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, everyone!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I wouldn't say that seeing almost no clear data is good for any self respecting SEO. I think I should know that after 10+ years in the SEO business what I need to divert my attention to and what I can ignore.
There is another issue with this planner and that is that the normal suggestions are often coming up with completely unrelated topics. Dunno why this is and it doesn't really make much sence any more.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"This page shows ranges for search volumes"
very disturbing situation how google change AMS into range of Google Keyword Planner. if it is continue then it will become a boring tool or might be some alternative will be introduce in market that might be also use their API. Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy Smiley Sad