AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Google Grant User, Sharp Decrease in Adwords Traffic in June Despite No Changes on Our End

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, our nonprofit is a long time Google Grant user, and we've always hit our monthly Adwords max budget of $40k. However, in the last 2 months or so, we've seen the sharpest decrease in traffic through adwords in 5+ years. After researching online, it seems Google made a few adjustments to the search algorithm recently, but seeing as we are a nonprofit with a high quality website, I'm not sure why this would affect us. Can you take a look at our website and let me know if you there would be any obvious reason for such a shift in traffic? Our Adwords change history indicates no changes on our end since April, but June was our worst month in traffic history and July is looking to be about the same. Our website is:

www.kidsdata.org

Thank you,

Jordan

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Google Grant User, Sharp Decrease in Adwords Traffic

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jordan; welcome to AdWords community;

Quote:

," it seems Google made a few adjustments to the search algorithm recently"

The changes made to Google's search algorithm are irrelevant to AdWords, These are two, totally, different systems./ platforms.

The drop in traffic from AdWords, should be looked elsewhere;

• Has there been a change in your AdRank?
  • Has your QS dropped?
  • Has competition in your field increased (e.g. by private organizations offering the same service)
  • Have you made any changes to your site? (i.e. new content)
  • Has there been a change in your ad-copy;?
  • Other changes...??

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response. We haven't vastly altered ad copy or the site. Competition has not increased. To get a sense of the drop, we used to hit our budgest each day after only a couple hours of ads running, but now we aren't even close to our monthly budget each month. Quality Scores have not vastly decreased. Impressions are down for a few key campaigns. I'll continue looking into the things you noted, thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Thanks for posting your issue. I am experiencing the same issue.  Were you able to resolve this issue or determine definitely what the issue was?